It is obvious to me that there isÂ absolutelyÂ no drug testing going on at Sirius, for talent or management, maybe for the technical staff, because they seem to be the only ones that are doing anything right at sirius.Â
I have been pummeled all freaking day with COMMERCIALS on commercial free Sirius, about the freaking superbowl coverage, 13 channels in 10 languages. 10 languages you have to be kidding me. So I wandered over to the sirius web site to find out what 10 languages were talking about here, so here is the breakdown.
- 4 Channels in English, 1 of those in the Queens english.
- 1 Channel in Spanish, understandable considering the number of spanish speaking NFL fans.
- 1 Channel in Russian, huh, how many Russian speaking sirus subscribers are there
- 1 Channel in French, same question??
- 1 Channel in Japanese, same question??
- 1 Channel in German, same question??
- 1 Channel in Italian, same question??
- 1 Channel inÂ MandarinÂ Chinese, same question??
- 1 Channel in Hungarian say what, there are only 1.5 million hungarians in the US or one half of one percent of the US population
- And 1 Channel in Flemish W.T.F.
First things first, no offense to the flemish people.
I did the numbers here, and here is break down, and yes I did some creative math, because flemish is not a number the U.S. Census tracks, so I used Belgium, and since Flanders (Flemish people come from Flanders) occupies the Northern half of Â Belgium, and the CIA factbook says so, I make the assumption that 58% of the belgium people speak flemish. According to the 2000 census there were 384,531 people of BelgianÂ ancestryÂ living in the U.S. and 58% of that is 223,028 people of Flemish ancestry. So we now figure in that roughly 6.7% of the U.S. population or 20Mil, are currently Sirius subscribers, gives us a total ofÂ 14,943 people in this country that are of FlemishÂ ancestryÂ and potentially Sirius subscribers, and I am guessing that the number of them that actually speak or understand Flemish is a lot lower then that, then how many of them are football fans, and will actually be listening to the game. My guess is somewhere around 5, 6 tops…
Looking at the numbers has brought another question, why Flemish, when there are twice as many Finnish people, and three times as many Czech, and there are more polish then Russian, French or Flemish…
It comes down to the issue, that a company in Sirius’ financial shape should not be spending any money, no matter how little it costs, and annoying subscribers in San Francisco or Seattle byÂ preemptingÂ their traffic and weather to cover the Superbowl in Flemish, because I’m guessing that there are more people listening to traffic and weather in San Francisco and Seattle, then there will be Flemish people listening to the Superbowl